Want a helpful BlackBerry Tip?
To do a soft reset of your smartphone, press the Alt + Right Shift + Delete keys at the same time.
Often if a hard reset / battery pull doesn’t solve the issue you are experiencing, you can attempt these quick fixes to reconnect to the network and get your berry back into action! These are often the solution to solve data issues.
Re-register your BlackBerry smartphone
- From the home screen, select Options
- Select Advanced Options
- Select Host Routing Table
- From this screen, press the Menu button and select Register Now. If this step is successful, you’ll receive a registration email message under Messages. If you do, try sending an email to your own email address to confirm that you solved the problem.
Resend your service books
Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account and resend your service books. (A service book configures how your BlackBerry smartphone interacts with the BlackBerry infrastructure. It also turns on specific services for your BlackBerry smartphone.)
- When logged into BIS, select Service Books from the left menu
- Click the Send Service Book button. Service Books should be delivered within 5 minutes. When this happens, a confirmation welcome email will appear in your inbox.